This practice guideline was developed under the auspices of the APA Steering Committee on Practice Guidelines. The development process is detailed in a document entitled “APA Guideline Development Process,” which is available from the APA Department of Quality Improvement and Psychiatric Services. Key features of this process include the following:
• A comprehensive literature review
• Development of evidence tables
• Initial drafting of the guideline by a work group that included psychiatrists with clinical and research expertise in dementia
• Production of multiple revised drafts with widespread eview; 22 organizations and 64 individuals submitted significant comments.
• Approval by the APA Assembly and Board of Trustees
• Planned revisions at regular intervals
Alzheimer’s is a progressive neurodegenerative disease.. . . .
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia and. . . .
The signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s develop progressively over a period. . . .
Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) is a progressive neurodegenerative. . . .
Alzheimer’s Disease Definition and General. . . .
Alzheimer's Disease Treatment Alzheimer’s is a. . . .